3) I’d probably buy some mouldering old castle and live in it.
4) Walden, Withnail & I, and I’ve an eternal love for Life on Mars.
10) Probably grab him by the lapels and start weeping into the corduroy about how much I loved Common People.
11) A Morrisons shopping basket that Cam lovingly christened ‘Baskerville’.
20) I could sit here all night and start weeping about how much I love Bruce Springsteen and/or Brian Fallon, but there’s always been something I found incredible about Only if For A Night from Florence Welch’s most recent album. There’s something so creepily wonderful about The grass was so green against my new clothes and I did cartwheels in your honour, dancing on tiptoes // My own secret ceremonials before the service began, in the graveyard, doing handstands. It reminds me for some unknown reason of Rupert Brooke, I think it’s kind of a morbid version of the way Brooke looked sidelong at the landscape and the propriety of emotion and it’s so nostalgic and sad. I’ll shut up now.
22. I’ve got a Bruce shirt from the Wrecking Ball tour and a stack of vinyls, and a couple of band tees from when I saw Virgil & The Accelerators and LC! and Shrag, and a load of posters I’ve got from gigs and stuff.
25. To be honest, I’d probably just cut out the middleman and eat it with a spoon whilst weeping into my record player :’)
What music do normal people listen to at parties
I’m pretty sure they’re not going to appreciate my 55-minute recording of a Jarvis Cocker acoustic set from 1995
HELP ME OKAY
All I want from life is a film where Jarvis Cocker and Bill Nighy fight zombies.
Jarvis Cocker is a very, very attractive man, even though he looks slightly like somebody pickled a lesbian.
Proof that home and garden maintenance can actually be, as cool as fuck.
With your Razzamatazz and your nights on the town!
After sitting on my own wearing a man-poncho and prescription sunglasses eating cold Carrot and Butterbean soup out of a tin, apart from lying on the floor thinking “Yes Hannah, you’re living the dream” I had the revelation that Pulp are one of those bands that just had to exist. Because if they didn’t then the universe would have imploded in one huge ketamine flashback to Acid House, and then where’d we be?
Listening to Acid House, that’s where.
And that’s bad.
If I ever get this cool you need to shoot me, because I just couldn’t stand the comedown.